Information about Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs)
This section of our site has a lot of information about autism for parents, educators, and medical professionals. Almost every item is available as a PDF, plain text, or HTML (i.e., web pages). If you would prefer to read online, the web pages may be the easiest. If you would like to save or print the information, the PDF files are very portable. You can download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, if you don't already have it. We have also converted most of our materials to plain text files for individuals with sight, hearing, physical, or cognitive disabilities who rely on adaptive technologies. The plain text and PDF links are available in the main menu at the top of the page. If you have problems with any of these files, please let us know so we can correct the problem.
What is in this section?
- About Autism: This section is designed to provide basic information about ASDs, including the diagnostic criteria.
- Glossary: A quick reference tool for commonly used terms related to caring for individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs).
- Help for Families: Links to information and resources that will help families better understand ASDs and how to make healthcare and education decisions for their child.
- Laws: Links to information about laws relating to education, healthcare, and insurance that affect individuals with ASDs and their families.
- Newsletters: Access all of the Center Quarterly Newsletters here.
- Screening & Referral: Information about screening and referral processes, including links to lists of providers across the state.
- Services: Links to quality information about providers and services in the state of Indiana.
- Be Informed: Learn more about finding quality health information and access our Resource Guides on specific topics related to ASDs.
- Academia: Free templates of academic tasks that can be easily adapted to meet the needs of individuals with ASDs.
- Extras: This section will have information that doesn't quite fit into the other sections in this area of the website.